Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday, April 17

GIANT blog post of the day:

Answer the following questions thoroughly on your blog. 
  1. What was your stop motion animation about? Why did you choose your video to be about this? Was it because it was easy, because it would be fun, or it would be challenging? Explain your reasoning behind your project (and be honest).
  2. If you could rate your stop motion on a 1-10 scale. 1 being low effort and no very good and 10 being out of this world/mindblowing, how would you rate your project? Explain why.
  3. In hindsight, what would you do differently the second time around? Better lighting? Time management? Explain yourself.
  4. Explain what makes your stop motion animation unique. How do you believe you thought "outside of the box" on this project? 
  5. What grade do you feel you deserve on this project? Explain your reasoning.


1. My stop motion was someone playing a snake game. I decided to do this, because the last time that I did a stop motion, I did people moving and that was really hard just to get them to stay still and do exactly what yo want, so I thought that I would do something with paper and that was the first thing that popped into my head.

2. If I would rate my effort on this project, it would probably be a nine. I would give myself this grade because sometimes I would be talking to my friends and that caused me to make a few issues regarding which way the snake was moving. So for example, at one point the snake was going right, then after I went to help with another project or just talk to one of my friends, I would accidentally make the snake go the backwards.

3. If I could do this a second time around, then what I would do is make them out of full sized sticky notes on a big wall because it took a lot of time to cut out every single piece, opposed to just sticking up a full sized sticky note. Also if I were to use sticky notes on a wall, then I could place the tripod in a better position opposed to just having it hanging off of a computer and being at an angle.

4. Now that I think about it, I don't think that my stop motion was "outside of the box" because I could probably go on google and find TONS of stop motions that used the snake game idea, or using sticky notes the sane way that I did.

5.  I say that I would give myself 60 out of 65 point. I would give myself that score, because it did tell a simple story of someone playing snake game, I would give myself half of the points on style and consistency because I did mess up on the direction the snake went at some points. Also I did use the appropriate lighting and focus, the camera was stationary, I had a title and credits, my music fit the length and mood of the video, and finally i turned it in on time.

No comments:

Post a Comment