Friday, February 6, 2015

Blog Post of the Day:
Tell me about some interesting things you have learned about your global issue so far. What have you learned that you didn't know before? Include a couple images from the internet if possible. (Make sure to cite images that are not your own.)

While I was researching my global issue over the use of nuclear weapons, I have learned quite a bit. Some of these things that I have learned include; one nuclear blast is equivalent to 22,000 ponds of TNT, a nuclear mishap in North Carolina where a plane carrying two nuclear warheads crashed and the only reason they didn't go off, was because of one arming switch that remained untouched, and I also learned how during World War II, Kokura, Japan was supposed to be a target, but because there were clouds in the sky, they couldn't see the target and they had to go to the secondary target Nagasaki.

No comments:

Post a Comment